Wednesday, April 15, 2015

What I bought and why? [13 April 2015 - 15th April 2015]

A pretty short update for this. I just think I want to log down what I have bought and the reason for buying it.

Cards purchased
Prices per piece
4x Stony silence (French)
1x Polluted Delta

Trade with Marsh Flats
2x Windswept Heath (Jap) 

$18.00

1x Dromoka's Command

923 Points (PucaTrade) 

1x Lightning Helix
1x Tasigur, Golden Fang
1x Stony Silence
1x Hada Freeblade (Promo) 

1x Wooded Foothill
1x Tibalt, the Fiend Blooded (Duel Deck foil)
1x Unburial Rites
3x Pack Rat


Dromoka's Command is a bomb in 2 formats; Standard and Modern Constructed. It has been picking up traction over the past few days and it has reached the $9, nearing the $10 mark soon. It would break the $10 mark eventually, and I would expect it to reach $15 this year.

Windswept Heath / Polluted Delta is pretty self-explanatory. Fetchlands are the best bet to buy in for any eternal formats. I'll expect it to stay at around the $30-$40 range in future since its a reprint.

Stony Silence hoses Affinity and  has spiked to $4-$5 recently.  I'm not surprise to see them creep up to $6 - $8 eventually. Even if the price does not increase, it would maintain a value in that range, so it's still a relatively safe buy-in or trade pick ups if I can get them under $4.


Tasigur, the Golden Fang is essentially Goyf 5 and 6 in modern. He has seen play around in a few rouge decks and as well as in Abzan decks. This is a significant proof that he is here to stay. Still, I'm not really convinced that he will rise to anything like Goyfs any time soon. Still, he is a good trade target for other things

Hada Freeblade Promo and Lightning Helix is more for my decks and inventory usage. No other comments in finance side of the 2 cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment